Note CEDTAP has completed its final selection round and all
funding has been allocated. Access to this page is for information
FOR PROPOSALS - DEADLINE NOVEMBER 30TH, 2006
and the Bell CED Fund are seeking innovative proposals for the upcoming
selection round! While we encourage applications for community-based
initiatives from various sectors across the country, we are especially
interested in proposals that involve capacity building in the following
Health and Homecare
of New Canadians
with the Corporate Sector
Enterprises, including co-operatives.
contribution will cover up to 80% of technical assistance that is
required to carry out the initiative. Maximum allocation is as follows:
initiatives funded by this intake must be completed by December 2007.
Emerging organizations (up to 5 years old)
$20,000 Mature organizations (5 years plus)
the first step in the application process, interested applicants
are encouraged to submit the Eligibility Checklist.
This step will help you to determine if your organization and initiative
is eligible for CEDTAP funding. Eligibility Checklists received
after Friday, November 17th will not be considered for this selection
next deadline for applications is Thursday, November 30, 2006. Applications
must be received by 5pm EST. Funding decisions will be announced
in February 2007.
look forward to reviewing your submissions.
To Register your organization
- A new Registration is required for every new funding request.
To Access your online application form
- Log-on window, requires a username & password.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Before you begin the application process, you need to determine
if your organization and initiative is eligible for CEDTAP funding.
We encourage you first to browse through our website to become
familiar with CEDTAP's programs, services and criteria, and then
to complete an Eligibility Checklist.
Organizations that are deemed eligible for CEDTAP support will
be asked to submit a formal application, which will include identifying
a technical assistance provider and developing a workplan and
budget for the project. Eligible organizations should allow 1-8
weeks to develop this complete proposal. Formal application forms
will be assessed by CEDTAP's review committee, which meets two
times a year.
- Step 1 : Determine if your organization
and initiative are eligible for funding. Read
- Step 2 : Register your organization. Read
- Step 3 : Download a working copy of the Application Form.
- Step 4 : Complete and Submit the Online Application Form.
- Step 5 : Await the decision of the Selection Review Comittee.
1; How to determine if your organization and initiative are eligible
for funding :
- Browse our website to become familiar with CEDTAP’s principles,
services and various funding programs.
Definition of a Public Entity
CED Knowledge Clusters
of Technical Assistance Providers
- Download and complete an Eligibility
Checklist. Then send it (as an email attachment or by fax)
a) the National Coordinator : gzboch(at)cedtap.com
for all applications originating outside of Ontario
b) the Ontario Project Officer : roopal_thaker(at)cedtap.com
for all Ontario applications
2: How to register your organization:
Only after you have been notified that your organization and initiative
are eligible for CEDTAP funding; Please refer to Step
- Navigate to the CEDTAP
Application Information System page;
- Scroll down the page and click the "New Registration" (red
- Complete and submit the Online Registration Form;
- Register the organization name in full (followed by the
acronym in brackets if applicable);
- Once you submit the Registration Form, you will be able
to access the Online Application Form over the internet. Our
information system will automatically send you an email confirming
the registration and username and password required to access
the online application form;
- IMPORTANT: Although at this point, you could jump
to Step 4 to complete the online application
form, we strongly encourage you to proceed with Step
3 first, and download a working copy. Use this format
as your draft, to gather all the required information. Then
you will find the online application process much faster and
easier to complete.
3: Download a working copy of the Application Form (in MS Word)
this working copy as a draft to organize all the information required.
It will make it much easier to complete the Online Application
Form - (just copy and paste).
Click to download the Application
4: Complete and Submit the Online Application Form
the MS Word working copy from Step 3, to
copy and paste.
access the Online Application Form:
- Navigate to the CEDTAP
Application Information System;
- Scroll down the page and click the "Access your file" (green
- Enter the given username and password;
- Complete and submit the online application form.
Tips for completing the online application form:
- Save often.
- Read EACH question carefully and enter the data in the format
- Do not enter decimals (.) commas (,) or dollar signs ($) for
the financial fields, otherwise the system will send you an
error message and you will lose all data entered since you last
- You do not have to complete the online application in one
session (Click the [Sign-off] button to exit the application
- but don't forget to [Save] first);
- Click the [Submit] button ONLY after you have filled in all
the required and correct information.
- The Online Application Form has been optimized for PCs using
Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher. Using other browsers or a Macintosh
computer may not respond as well.
- If you have diffuculty accessing the Information System or
do not receive a confirmation email notice within 24 hours after
submitting the application, please contact Technical Support:
- After you "Submit" the online application form, it goes into
"Read only" mode. This means that you will still be
able access it for reviewing, but if you wish to make any further
changes you will need to send an email request to Technical
Support: firstname.lastname@example.org - to place your file back into "Edit
5: The Approval Process
- Submitted applications are previewed by the CEDTAP Secretariat
to ensure that they are complete and accompanied by supporting
- Applications that are incomplete or lacking supporting documentation
will not be presented to the Selection Committee.
- Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the date of submission to
find out if the initiative has been approved for funding. Please
refer to the Selection Review Schedule, for the deadlines to