With subscribers in Canada and around the world, the journal has carved out a solid niche in the Canadian foreign policy community. Its contributors and readers include federal and provincial officials, academic analysts, journalists, NGO representatives, and business people; in short, all those who are informed and involved in Canada's international affairs.
CFP provides practical, policy-relevant analysis for consideration by practitioners and other professionals in the field of Canadian foreign policy. Great emphasis is placed on using the Journal to build a critical mass of Canadian policy expertise, particularly among more junior scholars, researchers and practitioners.
The journal mandate is to:
- Stimulate the production of policy-oriented research on Canada's international relations
- Filter the research on international relations commissioned or produced by federal government agencies
- Facilitate contacts between public- and private-sector decision makers through seminars and consultations, with a view to publishing the most timely research and analysis on international affairs arising out of these exchanges
- Assist the flow of information and analysis between Canadian and international centres of research through an exchange of publications
- Provide a focused and uniquely Canadian perspective on international relations for Canada's political leadership
To receive the latest analysis of foreign policy issues from a Canadian perspective, subscribe now.