[Dr.J. David Miller] [Research][ResearchStaff] [ContactInformation]
Publication in Journals
212. Miller JD (2016) Changing patterns of fungal toxins in crops: challenges for analysts. J AOAC Int 99:837-41.
211. Tanney JB, McMullin DR, Green BD, Miller JD, Seifert KA (2016) Production of antifungal and antiinsectan metabolites by the Picea endophyte Diaporthe maritima sp. nov. Fungal Biology (in press)
210. Barnes CS, Horner WE, Kennedy K, Grimes C, Miller JD, Allergens Workgroup (2016). Home Assessment and Remediation. J Allergy Clinical Immunol In Practice 4:423-431.
209. Chew GL, Horner WE, Kennedy K, Grimes C, Portnoy J, Barnes C, Miller JD, Allergens Workgroup (2016) Procedures to assist healthcare providers to determine when home assessments for potential mold exposure are warranted. J Allergy Clinical Immunol in Practice 4:417-422.
208. McMullin DR, Green BD, Miller JD (2015) Antifungal sesquiterpenoids and macrolides from an endophytic Lophodermium species of Pinus strobus. Phytochemistry Letters 14:148-152.
207. Frasz SL, Miller JD (2015) Fungi in Ontario maple syrup & some factors that determine the presence of mould damage. Int J Food Microbiol 207:66–70.
206. Richardson SN, Nsiama TK, Walker AK, McMullin DR, Miller JD (2015) Antimicrobial dihydrobenzofurans and xanthenes from a foliar endophyte of Pinus strobus. Phytochemistry 11:107–113.
205. Miller JD, McMullin DW (2014) Fungal secondary metabolites as harmful indoor air contaminants: 10 years on. Applied Micro Biotechnol 98:9953-9966
204. Frasz SL, Walker AK, Nsiama TK, Adams GA, Miller JD (2014) Distribution of the foliar fungal endophyte Phialocephala scopiformis and its toxin in the crown of a mature white spruce tree as revealed by chemical and qPCR analyses. Can J Forest Res 44:1138-1143.
203. Richardson, SN, Walker AK, Nsiama TK, McFarlane J, Sumarah MW, Ibrahim A, Miller JD (2014) Griseofulvin-producing Xylaria endophytes of Pinus strobus and Vaccinium angustifolium: evidence for a conifer-understory species endophyte ecology. Fungal Ecology 11:107–113.
202. Dell SD, Jerrett M, Beckerman B, Brook JR, Foty RG, Gilbert NL, Marshall L, Miller JD, Toa T, Walter SD, Stieb DM (2014). Presence of other allergic disease modifies the effect of early childhood traffic-related air pollution exposure on asthma prevalence. Environ Int 65:83-92.
201. Desroches T, McMullin DW, Miller JD (2014) Extrolites of Wallemia sebi, a very common fungus in the built environment. Indoor Air 24: 533–542.
200. McMullin DW, Nsiama T, Miller JD (2014) Secondary metabolites from Penicillium corylophilum isolated from damp buildings. Mycologia 106:621–628.
199. McMullin DW, Nsiama T, Miller JD (2014) Isochromans and a-pyrones from Penicillium corylophilum J Natural Products 77:206–212.
198. Miller JD, Schaafsma AW, Bhatnagar D, Bondy G, Carbone I, Harris LJ, Harrison G, Munkvold GP, Oswald IP, Pestka JJ, Sharpe L, Sumarah MW, Tittlemier SA, Zhou T (2014). Mycotoxins that affect the North American agri-food sector: state of the art and directions for the future. World Mycotoxin 7:63-82.
197. Shi C, Provost NB, Desroches T, Miller JD (2014) The quantification of C. globosum spores in house dust samples. Annals Agric Environ Medicine 21:449–454.
196. Portnoy J, Miller J, Williams B, Chew GL, Miller JD, Zaitoun F, Phipatanakul W, Kennedy K, Barnes C, Grimes C, Larenas-Linnemann D, Sublett J (2013) Environmental assessment and exposure control of dust mites: a practice Parameter. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 111:465-507.
195. Portnoy J, Sublett J, Kennedy K, Barnes C, Chew GL, Grimes C, Matsui EC, Miller JD, Phipatanakul W, Seltzer J, Williams PB (2013). Environmental assessment and exposure reduction of cockroaches: A practice parameter J Allergy Clin Immunol 132:802-834.
194. Rand TG, Robbins C, Rajaraman D, Sun M, Miller JD (2013) Induction of Dectin-1 and asthma-associated signal transduction pathways in RAW 264.7 cells by a triple helical (1, 3)-ß-D glucan, curdlan. Arch Toxicol 87:1841-1850.
193. Provost NB, Shi C, She, Y-M, Cyr TD, Miller JD (2013) Characterization of an antigenic chitosanase from the cellulolytic fungus Chaetomium globosum. Medical Mycology 51:290-299.
192. McMullin DR, Sumarah MW, Blackwell BA, Miller, JD (2013) New azaphilones from Chaetomium globosum isolated from the built environment. Tetrahedron Letters 54:568–572.
191. Tellenbach C, Sumarah, MW, Grünig CR, Miller JD (2013) Inhibition of Phytophthora species by secondary metabolites produced by the dark septate endophyte Phialocephala europaea. Fungal Ecology 6:12–18.
190. McMullen DR, Sumarah MW, Miller JD (2012) Chaetoglobosins and azaphilones produced by Canadian strains of Chaetomium globosum isolated from the indoor environment. Mycotoxin Research 29: 47-54.
189. Phipatanakul W, Matsui E, Portnoy J, Williams PB, Barnes C, Kennedy K, Bernstein D, Blessing-Moore J, Cox L, Khan D, Lang D, Nicklas R, Oppenheimer J, Randolph C, Schuller D, Spector S, Tilles SA, Wallace D, Sublett J, Bernstein J, Grimes C, Miller JD (2012) Environmental assessment and exposure reduction of rodents: a practice parameter. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 109: 375–387.
188. Bondy G, Mehta R, Caldwell D, Coady L, Armstrong C, Savard M, Miller JD, Chomyshyn E, Bronson R, Zitomer N, Riley RT (2012) Effects of long term exposure to the mycotoxin fumonisin B(1) in p53 heterozygous and p53 homozygous transgenic mice. Food Chem Toxicol 50:3604-3613.
187. Portnoy JM, Kennedy K, Sublett JL, Phipatanakul W, Matsui E, Barnes C, Grimes C, Miller JD (2012) Environmental assessment and exposure control: a practice parameter--furry animals. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 108:223-238
186. Shi C, Miller JD (2012) Sta c 3 epitopes and their application as biomarkers to detect specific IgE. Molecular Immunology 50:271-277.
185. Trimble LA, Sumarah MW, Blackwell BA, Wrona MD, Miller JD (2012) Characterization of (16R) and (16S)-hydroxyroquefortine C; diastereomeric metabolites from Penicillium crustosum DAOM 215343. Tetrahedron Letters 53:956–958.
184. Johnson L, Miller JD (2012) Consequences of large-scale production of marijuana in residential buildings. Indoor Built Environ 21:595–600.
183. Shi C, Belisle D, Levac S, Miller JD (2012) The development and validation of an assay for the quantification of the P. chrysogenum allergen Pch52. J Occ Environ Hygiene 9:211-216.
182. Shi C, Belisle D, Miller JD (2011) Quantification of the Aspergillus versicolor allergen in house dust. J Immunol Methods 372:89–94.
181. Shi C, Miller JD (2011) Characterization of the 41 kDa allergen Asp v 13, a subtilisin-like serine protease from Aspergillus versicolor. Molecular Immunology 48:1827-1834.
180. Sumarah MW, Kesting JR, Sørensen D, Miller JD (2011) Antifungal metabolites from fungal endophytes of Pinus strobus. Phytochemistry 72:1833-1837.
179. Rand TG, DiPenta J, Robbins C, Miller JD (2011) Effects of low molecular weight fungal compounds on inflammatory gene transcription and expression in mouse alveolar macrophages. Chem Biol Interact 190:139–147.
178. De Girolamoa A, McKeague M, Miller JD, DeRosa MC, Visconti A (2011) Determination of ochratoxin A in wheat after clean-up through a DNA aptamer-based solid phase extraction column. Food Chemistry 127:1378–1384.
177. Cherid H, Foto M, Miller JD (2011) Performance of two different Limulus Amebocyte Lysate assays for the quantitation of fungal glucan. J Occ Environ Hygiene 8:540-543.
176. Arrandale VH, Brauer M, Brook JR, Brunekreef B, Gold DR, London SJ, Miller JD, Ozkaynak H, Ries NH, Sears MR, Silverman FS, Takaro TK (2011) Exposure assessment in cohort studies of childhood asthma. Environ Health Perspect 119:591-597.
175. McKeague M, Bradley C, Degirolamo A, Visconti A, Miller JD, Derosa M (2011) Screening and initial binding assessment of fumonisin B1 aptamers. Int J Molecular Sci 11:4864-4881.
174. Liang Y, Zhao W, Xu J, Miller JD (2011) Characterization of two related exoantigens from the biodeteriogenic fungus Aspergillus versicolor. Int Biodeg Biodet 65:217-226
Other peer reviewed contributions
68. Miller JD (2016) Mycotoxins in food and feed: a challenge for the 21st century. In: Li D-W (ed) Biology of microfungi. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, pp. 469-493.
67. Sumarah MW, Walker AK, Seifert KA, Todorov A, Miller JD (2016) Screening of fungal endophytes isolated from Eastern White Pine needles. Recent Adv Phytochem 45:195-206
66. Miller JD (2016) Mycotoxins in food and feed: a challenge for the 21st century. In: Li D-W (ed) Biology of microfungi. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, pp. 469-493.
65. Bianchini A, Horsley R, Jack MM, Kobielush B, Ryu D, Tittlemier S, Wilson WW, Abbas HK, Abel S, Harrison G, Miller JD, Shier WT, Weaver G (2015) DON occurrence in grains: a North American perspective. Cereal Foods World 60:32-56.
64. Norbäck D, Miller JD (2013) Building-Related Illnesses and mold related conditions. In Bernstein DI, Malo J-L, Chan Yeung M, Bernstein L (2012) Asthma in the Workplace, 4th edition. Taylor & Francis, New York. pp. 406-417.
63. Miller JD (2013) Mycotoxins. In: Jorgenson SV (ed) Encyclopedia of Environmental Management, Taylor & Francis, New York. pp 1696-1699.
62. Miller JD (2011) Foliar endophytes of spruce species found in the Acadian forest: basis and potential for improving the tolerance of the forest to spruce budworm. In: Frank CA, Pirttila AM (eds) Endophytes of forest trees: biology and applications. Springer, New York. pp. 237-249.
61. Miller JD (2011) Health effects from mold and dampness in housing in western societies: early epidemiology studies and barriers to further progress. In: Adan O, Samson RA (eds). Molds, water, and the built environment. Wageningen Academic Press, The Netherlands. pp. l37- l52.
60. Miller JD (2011) Mycological investigations of indoor environments. In: Flannigan B, Samson RA, Miller JD (eds) Microorganisms in home and indoor work environments: Diversity, Health Impacts, Investigation and Control, second edition. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. pp. 229-245.
59. Rand TG, Miller JD (2011) Toxins and inflammatory compounds. ibid. 291- 306. 28. Flannigan B, Miller JD (2011) Microbial growth in indoor environments. ibid. pp. 57- 107.
Wild C, Miller JD, Groopman JD (December 2015) Mycotoxin control in low and middle income countries. IARC Working Group Report #9, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France. 70p ISBN 978-92-832-2510-2
Pitt JI, Wild CP, Baan RA, Gelderblom WCA, Miller JD, Riley RT, Wu F (2012). Improving public health through mycotoxin control. Int Agency for Research on Cancer, STP 158. Lyon, France. 151p
Flannigan B, Samson RA, Miller JD (2011, eds) Microorganisms in home and indoor work environments: Diversity, health Impacts, investigation and control, second edition. Taylor & Francis, 2011. www.crcpress.com
Prezant B, Weekes D, Miller JD (2008; eds) Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Indoor Mold. American Industrial Hygiene Association, Fairfax, VA. www.aiha.org
Hung L, Miller JD, Dillon HK (2005). Field guide for the determination of biological contaminants in environmental samples, 2nd edition. American Industrial Hygiene Association, Fairfax, VA. www.aiha.org
Flannigan B, Samson RA, Miller JD (2001). Microorganisms in home and indoor work environments: Diversity, Health Impacts, Investigation and Control. Taylor & Francis, London. 490 pp. www.crcpress.com . Reprinted with revisions 2005.
Howard DH, Miller JD (1996). The Mycota, Vol. VI, Human and Animal Relationships. Springer-Verlag, Berlin. www.springer.de
Dillon HK, Heinsohn PA, Miller JD (1996). Field guide for the determination of biological contaminants in environmental samples. American Industrial Hygiene Association, Fairfax, VA. www.aiha.org
Miller JD, Trenholm , HL (1994). Mycotoxins in grain: compounds other than aflatoxin. Eagan Press, St. Paul, MN. www.apsnet.org
Miller, John David; Adams, Greg William. Endophyte enhanced seedlings with increased pest tolerance. (J.D. Irving, Limited, Can.). US20130219569; CA 2562175 Miller JD Adams GW Sumarah M (2012) Antifungal metabolites from fungal endophytes of Pinus strobus. Canadian Patent Application CA 2766412
(and in other countries)
[Dr.J. David Miller] [Research][Research_Team] [ContactInformation]