Before you apply
Selection Rounds Schedule
To Register and / or access online application form
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Before you begin the application process, you need to determine if
your organization and initiative is eligible for CEDTAP funding. We
encourage you first to browse through our website to become familiar
with CEDTAP's principles, services and criteria, and then to complete
an Eligibility Checklist.
Organizations that are deemed eligible for CEDTAP support will be
asked to submit a formal application, which will include identifying
a technical assistance provider and developing a workplan and budget
for the project. Eligible organizations should allow 1-8 weeks to
develop this complete proposal. Formal application forms will be assessed
by CEDTAP's review committee, which meets four times a year. Please
refer to the Selection Rounds Schedule.
- Determine if your organization and initiative are eligible for
- Browse our Website and become familiar with CEDTAP’s services;
- Download and complete an Eligibility checklist;
- Register you organization (online on CEDTAP Website);
- Download a working copy of the Application Form (available in
MS Word & PDF)
- Complete and Submit the Online Application Form
- The Approval Process
- 1. Determine if your organization and initiative are eligible
- 1a) Browse our website to become familiar with CEDTAP’s principles,
services and various funding programs.
** “About Us”: http://www.carleton.ca/cedtap/aboutus/index_e.html
** “Our Services”: http://www.carleton.ca/cedtap/services/index_e.html
** “Selection Criteria”: http://www.carleton.ca/cedtap/appform/index1_e.html
** “Program Description”: http://www…(new page or part of our
** “Definition of a Public Entity”: http://www (new page or
part of our services page)
** “Approved Initiatives”: http://www.carleton.ca/cedtap/app_ini/index_e.html
** “Directory of technical assistance Providers”: http://patdec.gestion-ressources.com/PATFourn.nsf/fa_Go?OpenForm&Lang=en
- 1b) Download and complete an Eligibility Checklist
- Send a completed Eligibility Checklist, (as an email attachment
or by fax) to one of our Program Coordinators listed below:
Québec Region send to: Danielle Laurin -email link
Prairies Region send to: Brian Clavier - email link
All other Regions send to: Gail Zboch GZboch@cedtap.com
- 4. Register your organization
- DO NOT REGISTER... until you have been notified that your
organization and initiative are eligible for CEDTAP funding.
Please refer to [Steps 1,2,3].
1) Navigate to the CEDTAP Information System page http://patdec.gestion-ressources.com/portail.nsf/accueil?OpenForm&Lang=En
2) Scroll down the page and click the "New Registration" (red button).
3) Complete and submit the Online Registration Form.
DO NOT REGISTER WITH AN ACRONYM Please enter the full
name of the organization followed by the acronym in brackets.
4) When you submit, the registration will enter the coordinates
of your organization into CEDTAP’s information system. The system
will then send you an email confirming the registration along
with a username and password required to access the online application
IMPORTANT: Although at this point, you could jump to
[Step 4] and begin to complete the online application form, we
strongly encourage you to proceed with [Step 3] first, to download
a working copy in MS Word or PDF format. Use this format as your
working copy to gather all the required information and you will
find the online application process, much faster and a lot easier
- 5. Download a working copy of the Application Form (in MS
Word or PDF)
- Use this working copy to organize all the information required.
You will then find it easier to complete the Online Application
Form - just transfer by copying and pasting.
Working copy Application Form in MS Word
Working copy of Application Form in PDF
- 6. Complete and Submit the online application
- We encourage you to download a working copy in MS Word or PDF
format, before you begin the Online Application Form.
To access the Online Application Form:
Note: The Online Application Form has been optimized for
PCs using Internet Explorer 4.0 higher, using other browsers or
a Macintosh computer may not respond as well.
1) Navigate to the CEDTAP information system
2) Scroll down the page and click the "Access your file" (green button).
3) Enter the given username and password.
3) Complete and submit the online application form.
Tips & tricks for completing the online application form:
** Save often.
** Read each question carefully, so that you enter the data in the
** Do not, enter decimals, commas or dollar signs forthe financial
fields, otherwise the system will send yuou an error message and you
will lose all data entered since you last [Saved].
** You do not have to complete the online application all in one session
(Click the [Sign-off] button to exit the application - but don't forget
to [Save] first);
** Click the [Submit] button only after you have filled in all the
** When you [Submit] the information system sends an email confirmation
to you and one to the Coordinator for your region to advise her/him
that your application is ready to be reviewed.
** IMPORTANT: If you do not receive email notice confirming
the submission within 24 hours, please notify Technical Support
- email link to Sergio.
** When you [Submit] the application form, it goes into Read only mode,
this means that if you need to make any further changes or updates,
you will have to request Technical Support or pgrogarm coordinator
to change it back into Edit mode.
- 7. The Approval Process
- ** Submitted applications are previewed by the CEDTAP Secretariat to
ensure that they are complete and are accompanied by supporting documentation.
** Applications that are incomplete or lacking supporting documentation
will not be presented to the Selection Committee.
** For projects in the “Technology Enhancement” and “Exchange” programs,
please allow 4 weeks after date of submission to learn of the funding
** Note: the application deadlines, listed in selection round
schedule do not apply to these two programs.
** For “Technical Assistance” requests, please allow 8 to 10 weeks
after the date of submission to find out if the project has been
approved for funding. Please refer to the Selection Rounds Schedule,
for the deadlines to submit applications.
ROUNDS SCHEDULE 2005 & 2006:
For projects in the 'Technology Enhancement' and 'Exchange' programs,
please allow 1-3 weeks after date of submission to learn of the
funding decision. Please note that application deadlines do not
apply to these two programs.
'Technical Assistance' requests, please allow 7 to 8 weeks after
the date of submission to hear whether or not the project has been
approved for funding.
2005 SELECTION ROUNDS SCHEDULE:
Deadlines to submit applications to the Regional or National Program
Round 1 by : Feb. 10, 2005
Round 2 by : Apr. 21, 2005
Round 3 by : Sep. 15, 2005
Round 4 by : Nov. 17, 2005
SELECTION ROUNDS SCHEDULE:
Round 1 by : Feb. 9, 2006